Sunday, September 18, 2011

An even harder entry

Scotty has suffered more strokes and will not make a recovery.  He fought a very hard battle and fought it with dignity.  He has done everything humanly possible.  The doctors have never seen this type of illness (leukemia) attack the body by having multiple strokes.  He has had more since his latest MRI.  I was able to hold his hand and he would squeeze my hand or twirl my wedding ring.  It gave me comfort that he could give me something.  Now that is not possible.  We requested that they move him from the ICU and into a private room.  He does not have his heart rate, respiration rate, oxygen saturation level, temperature monitored.  He doesn't have nurses poking him to check his blood sugar, give him multiple medicines.  He is able to lay next to his wife and have his family by his bedside reminiscing and telling stories about Scotty.  He is being comforted and we just wait for heavenly father to call him home.  He is peaceful and quiet, he is in no pain.  We have been listening to silly  music, things that he loved to listen to.  He is ready to go to heaven and be with his savior.  I know I have to let him go.  Scotty you have blessed my life in so many ways and I can not tell you enough how much I love you.  I am grateful for this quiet sabbath day that I have been able to spend with my loving husband.  I promise to stay here next to his bedside until he is ready to go.  We don't know when it will be but it will be a spendid moment when Scotty gets to walk with Jesus and be at peace.

4 comments:

  1. Our family continues to pray for yours Stephanie. I am so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know u or ur family but u guys are in my prayers!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stephanie, you don't know who I am but we are friend's of Lisa's family and have been following your blog and fasting and praying for your sweet family. We have spent the last year on a similar roller coaster with my Dad and Duodenal Cancer and he just passed away as well. I can't imagine the pain you must feel losing him so young and don't pretend to understand completely, but I wanted you to know that we are thinking of you and are sorry for the loss of what was obviously a very great man. ~Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are the most amazing woman I know. May God continue to bless you and your children and hold you close

    ReplyDelete